Nothing says ‘tea party’ more than scones. For a recent tea party, I altered allrecipe.com’s Simple Scone Recipe to make these fun cranberry apricot scones. They were delicious! Try serving them with raspberry preserves and clotted cream to make it a little more traditional.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
- Cut butter into small cubes. With a pastry cutter (or your hands!) work butter into flour mixture until the butter is well incorporated.
- Add dried fruit and mix into flour mixture.
- Blend sour cream and egg in a small bowl.
- Add sour cream mixture to flour mixture and stir until combined. Slightly kneed dough and form a ball with your hands.
- Dump dough ball onto a floured surface and roll to 3/4 inch thickness. With a glass or cookie cutter, cut out 3 1/2 inch circles. Place on a greased cookie sheet 1-2 inches apart. Bake until lightly golden–approximately 15 minutes.